Even though you can do this "force" log approach, as a logging design
methodology I would not recommend it.  We had a similar method in our
wrapper here at work and it ended up getting overused (in my opinion) and
then there was no way to turn off those log messages.  It became the
equivalent of System.out.println(), which was what we had replaced by moving
to log4j.  I don't know your situation, but you might be better off just
having code that maintains a set of loggers/appenders being configured for
"crucial/critical" messages.  At least you then have some level of better
control.

just an opinion,
-Mark