SocketServer does not support connecting to SocketHubAppender.  Nancy, do
you already have custom code to connect to the SocketHubAppender?  If so,
you can use the SocketServer code as an example of how to "post" the
received logging event to the swing app's local log4j environment.

In v1.3 this is going to be solved by using "Recievers" configured to
receive remote events from remote appenders.  There is a matching receiver
for SocketAppender, SocketHubAppender, and JMSAppender.  Then all you do is
set up a configuration file with the set of recievers you want and you are
done.  SocketServer will become obsolete.  But that is in v1.3...

-Mark