Some examples of how to receive LoggingEvents in the log4j source:

org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LoggingReceiver - Since Chainsaw is a swing gui
viewer, it should serve as the best example for your needs, I would think.
The LF5 package may have some useful code as well.
org.apache.log4j.net.SimpleSocketServer;
org.apache.log4j.net.SocketNode - These work together to recieve
LoggingEvents and post them to the local hierarchy.

-Mark