You could switch to an XML config file and use ENTITY includes to include a
file containing your global settings.

Another option would be to use variable replacement in each of your seperate
configs.  Something like "log4j.logger.org.apache=${ORG_APACHE_LOG_LEVEL}";
then set ORG_APACHE_LOG_LEVEL as a java System property to whatever you want
when starting up your server like -D ORG_APACHE_LOG_LEVEL=warn

HTH