But what String did you pass to the println method to get that output?  If
you just simply did 'System.out.println( "Key = OTA_HotelResSearchRQ" );',
then the result is NOT normal stdout behaviour, and would seem JBOSS is
defintely manually redirecting stdout (plus adding the additional info).

>> The logs look identical, both the console and log file.  It is happening
in
both places.

OK, so say you call the logging method:
log.debug( "Key = OTA_HotelResSearchRQ" );

Then the console shows:
14:36:14,648 INFO  [STDOUT] 14:36:14,648,LightSpeed        [DEBUG] - Key =
OTA_HotelResSearchRQ

_AND_
The file "server.log" has the line:
14:36:14,648 INFO  [STDOUT] 14:36:14,648,LightSpeed        [DEBUG] - Key =
OTA_HotelResSearchRQ

???

That just doesn't make any sense.