Hi,

As someone who has made quite a bit of use of print statements to track execution through code, and then hates to go back and remove those print statements, I just want to say thanks to those who have developed log4j and added it to the Jakarta project so that others (me) can make use of it. This is probably the single most useful utility I've ever used in Java programming. Especially for situations that make it hard to track execution through print statements, like servlet containers. ;)

Erik wishes he had started using this earlier