Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Howdy,
Although we've resolved the original question, I have a related one: has anyone tried
using a FastHashMap or another of the commons-collections utilities to improve the
performance of the logger lookup?

The logger lookup takes around 1 microsecond on a 900 Mhz PIII.
Logging takes much longer ( >>10 times).

I looked at the code of Hierarchy.getLogger, which seems to do the work.
It doesn't look as if you could simply plug in the FastHashMap and get it working like before. There are some synchronization issues.

Ingo