Hi,

I use apache 2 and tomcat 4.1 and I want to start a web app that use
log4j to log.
My log4j.xml file is in my $CATALINA_BASE/conf directory and this
directory is in my CLASSPATH.
My log4j.dtd is also in $CATALINA_BASE/conf.

In the log4j.xml file, I specify:
     <log4j:configuration
xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/";>

At the startup, tomcat find my log4j.xml file (as I can see in the
catalina.out log), but the URL it uses for the log4j.dtd file is:

jar:file:/opt/hpws/tomcat/common/lib/log4j-1.2.4.jar!/org/apache/log4j/xml/log4j.dtd

Why does-it use this URL ?
How can I indicate where is my log4j.dtd file ?

Thank you for your help

Xavier