Hello,

in order to enable load balancing, we use different instances of a JMS Client to
work through a queue.

To make life a bit easier it would be great to have different logfiles for each
instance.

/**
* Note to my current solution
I wrote an own XyLogger.getLogger Class to use our internal Configmanangement.
But below this class I'm using the Log4J Logger.getLogger(Class class).
At the moment I provide a method  XyLogger.getLogger(Class clazz, String
instance). This seems not very proper to me.
Furthermore its not very elegant to handle an instance name through all classes
of the application to enable to call this method.
We thought about working through stacktraces or thread ids, but nothing seems to
reasonable.
*/

Hope my problem is understandable, especially as my english is not too good.

So, did you have a simular problem or an idea how to solve it??

Thanx in regard,

Michael

PS.: The archive is not available via the link. Sorry if i didnt check an
existing posting to this subject ...