At 07:50 PM 6/24/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Thanks Mark et al, I shall look at all the suggestions.

Regarding immutability what was more of an issue for us was that although the
LoggingEvent is currently immutable, we want to protect ourselves in case any
future versions of LoggingEvent are not.

I am a little troubled by your line of reasoning.

Regards and thanks,
Damian ONeill.

--
Ceki For log4j documentation consider "The complete log4j manual"