Hmm, catalina.out usually keeps the stdout, but I don't see a console appender any where in your properties file.

Scott Burns wrote:

We have written a wrapper around log4j.  Each web application logs to a
file specified in its property file.  The problem is that I am seeing
logging messages also appearing in catalina out(Tomcat/4.1.18).  This
does not occur on systems using tomcat 4.0.6.  Below is a sample of one
of the web applications configuration property files.  Any suggestions
or thoughts on why this is getting sent to catalina out would be
appreciated.  Is our setup incorrect? Also I can't changes versions app
servers so this is not an option.  Thanks in advance.

Scott

Web App log4j.debug=true log4j.logger.blccpl.common.hook.ichook=DEBUG, IC1 log4j.appender.IC1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.IC1.File=/apps/tomcat/share/logs/ICHook.log log4j.appender.IC1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout log4j.appender.IC1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{DATE} [%p] %c{1}.%M - %m%n log4j.appender.IC1.MaxFileSize=5000KB log4j.appender.IC1.MaxBackupIndex=30