From: Doyle, Jim
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 7/19/03 8:37 AM
Subject: RE: Log4J admin web app

Yoav, Mark,

Thanks for the feedback, now I'm on the same page as everyone else.
The features provided by the ConfigurationServlet now (listing Loggers
and
letting you change their priorities) is probably good enough for what
our
admins need.  So I probably won't attempt to enhance it right now,
but if I do I will certainly share the patches.  :)

One thing I would probably contribute right off the bat, though, are
deployment descriptors (samples at least) and a revised Ant target that
builds a war file for the ConfigurationServlet itself.

Right now I'm comparing JMX support with ConfigurationServlet and
deciding
which way to go.  (I'm going to post about JMX in a separate thread.)

Thanks again,
Jim