At 06:27 PM 8/28/2003 +0530, you wrote:
Ceki,

I'm trying the way you have mentioned at http://www.qos.ch/logging/sc.html
(using LoggerRepository).

In my java class, I have the following code:
(I'm using JNDIRS you've mentioned in the above URL)

private static final JNDIRS jndirs = new JNDIRS();
private static final LoggerRepository loggerRepository = jndirs.getLoggerRepository();
private static final Logger logger = loggerRepository.getLogger(MyApp.class.getName());

You don't need to do that if you are using a logger repository. Just use LogManager.setLoggerRepostiory() and define your logger like normal...

private static final Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(MyApp.class.getName());

See info about using repository selectors plus 2 selectors which have already been written (mirrors, but somewhat modifies code in Ceki's article)....
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Log4JProjectPages/AppContainerLogging

Ceki mentioned JBoss plugins. You could set up a plugin to install the repository selector at JBoss startup and you would be guaranteed to have a separate logging environment. Otherwise, run the IniContextListener servlet context listener in the logj4-sandbox to set things up.

Jake

logger.warn("Just testing a log message with priority set to WARN");

My log4j.properties file is as follows: #### appender writes to a file log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p: %m%n log4j.appender.R.File=errors.log

Still I feel that my log4j.properties file not being read, because I can't see errors.log created anywhere. And there are no errors throws.

Any idea what could be the problem? Can you pl. suggest a solution?

Sriram

-----Original Message----- From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:58 PM To: Log4J Users List Subject: RE: Log file location

We should have a look at the jboss mailing lists. JBoss' class loader is
called UnifiedClassLoader. The last time I look at UnifiedClassLoaders
about a year ago, it seemed very smart. I'd have to look at the details again.