From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 29 August 2003 11:56 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Behaviour in Log4j when Logfile is deleted.

Reopening the file? That is an interesting suggestion. Instead of
reopening at each write, one could close and reopen the file every
10'000 writes or every 10 minutes which is ever comes first.

--
Ceki For log4j documentation consider "The complete log4j manual"

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
delete it.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose
or distribute this e-mail without the author's permission.  We have taken
precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we
advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this e-mail.
We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.