Howdy,
It won't be an issue.  We have systems with tens of thousands of classes
loaded at runtime (and many of them in the working set of the app).  We
use the logger name = fully-qualified class name convention, and it
works perfectly for us with no performance degradation.

What does make a big difference, since you seem to care about this, is
using if(logger.isDebugEnabled()) { ... } around logger.debug
statements.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Logger.getLogger("com.abc.Class2")