Hi,

When I do that, struts 1.1 does not initialize with the following exception
mentioned in my earlier post:

However, Struts fails to initialize giving  an exception as follows:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:91
2)
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log
constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@3a5794 for
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:532)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable
Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@3a5794 for
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:432)
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:525)
 ... 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger
 at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1590)
 at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1002)
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:429)
 ... 29 more

What am I missing?

Thanks!