Well, I didn't implement it myself, but what it does is basically
waiting for clients to connect to it (thus using a server socket).
The client then requests logging information from the server
(that is, the RemoteAppender), which replies with the logging
entry whenever it becomes available. This is something that has
been in use here for quite a while, and works quite well.

Guğlaugur Stefán Egilsson
Dimon Software
http://www.dimonsoftware.com