Hi,

I'm using a custom FileAppender with buffered io because speed is really important for
me. I have amazing improvement over not buffered io, so I would like to keep it
buffered. I'm able to live with a small lost of logging at the end due to the buffer
that has not been emptied. And if I'm correct, the default size for the buffer is 8kb.
For me, 8kb is too big so I want to reduce this size.

Here is my problem: whatever number I put in the BufferSize parameter, it is ALWAYS a
8kb buffer. The final size of my log file is 8kb or less than the log file I would
have for the same operations sequence in a not buffered IO.

I set the ImmediateFlush parameter to false and the BufferedIO parameter to true. So,
anybody has an idea on what could be the source of my problem here? I really don' get
it!

I have a secondary question: that BufferSize parameter, is it a size in kb or a size
in number of log statements? Because, if what I read was correct, in AsyncAppender,
BufferSize is a number of log statements. Anyway, my first problem still applies.

A big thanks in advance,

Pascal