From: Jacob Kjome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Log4J Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24: problem with log4j
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:47:10 -0500

Add log4.jar to common/lib of the Tomcat part of the bundle. Not sure why it would work on one server, but not on another, though.

Jake

At 01:44 PM 10/13/2003 +0200, you wrote:

Hi!

I am trying to move the jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24 container from one server to another. On the old server everythinhg is working perfect, but on the new one gets this error message:

12:59:19,703 ERROR [EmbeddedCatalinaService41] Starting failed
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@f1f051 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@f1f051 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:432)

at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:525)

       ... 73 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger

I've seen this problem has been discussed for tomcat-4.1.24 already, but that did me no good... Any ideas? I've tried adding log4j.jar to the classpath, that did no good.

Any help is appreciated!

-Andreas Rodtwitt