Support Ceki and buy the manual.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 13:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: filter some class to one file, different class to another file

Hello,

I'm new to configuring my log4j.xml file, and have been searching the
log4j-user mail archives for something relevant... please help!

I would like my appender to write to a file, such that only certain java
packages get written out, others get written to a different file.

For example, I want every log message from any package "com.nokia.nes.ans"
and any package in the heirarchy below it.

I do NOT want stuff from "org.jboss" or "com.nokia.somethingelse" written to
this log file.

How would I configure this in the log4j.xml file?

Thanks, Gretel