So, you are getting no logging from your app or you are getting some, but not in the format you set? And with the hibernate logging, is it logging to your specified format or some other similar format? What I'm getting at is whether Hibernate might be including a log4j.properties or log4j.xml in the classpath which log4j is picking up instead of your config file or if Hibernate is performing manual configuration of log4j after your configure log4j for your app which would wipe out all your logging info.

I guess you'll need to provide some more specific information here.

Jake