I am a new log4jj user. As part of a Proof of Concept, I am trying to log a
simple message to an Oracle 9is Database.
Due to my inexperience and lack of documentation, here is the only example
I found. If it worked, I wouldn't sending this.
Where can I find documentation, log4j in general, and examples?

log4j.appender.S.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.S=org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender
log4j.appender.S.URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxxx.COM
log4j.appender.S.user=XXX
log4j.appender.S.password=XXXX
log4j.appender.S.sql=INSERT INTO JDBCTEST (LOG_DATE, LOGGER, PRIORITY, MESSAGE) VALUES

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank You.