From: Chang, Betty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 3:09 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: I cannot figure out where my extra message line comes from
onthe console

Hi --   I removed my ConsoleAppender, and just call BasicConfigurator()
with no parameters,  and I STILL get that extra line.
Here's the code:

import org.apache.log4j.*;
public class MyApp
{
        static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("myapp");

        public static void main (String[] args)
        {

                BasicConfigurator.configure();
                logger.info("here");

And, here's the output:

- here
0 [main] INFO myapp  - here

As you can see -- I now have the default format line,  but where is that
extra first line coming from???

Betty