Hi,

Just had a query, we are using the file appender and the pattern layout
with %F %C %M, In some cases we are not getting the source file name but
a question mark instead of  file name for example, here are the two
statements

(DEBUG) 2004-04-28 12:18:07,235 # BankDefinitions.java
com.ibm.golddirect.BankDefinitions logMessage : --(--Transactor)
GetPSWViewAcctExcp::createRequestData:Returned

(DEBUG) 2004-04-28 12:18:07,298 # ?
com.ibm.golddirect.BankDefinitions.logMessage(BankDefinitions java :
--(--Transactor) XMLBaseTransactor::getLanguage:Entered
(DEBUG) 2004-04-28 12:18:07,344 # ?
com.ibm.golddirect.BankDefinitions.logMessage(BankDefinitions java :
--(--Transactor) GetPSWScrAccountExceptions::execute:MSGID isPSWRQEXCP

Also sometimes when we use the %L option in some statements we don’t get
the line number but get a compiled code message.

I understand that if we use the optimize option then we will not get
line numbers but here we get it in some cases and not in some cases.

Regards

Shailesh