Do you have an XML example?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 4:08 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: Appender attached to a specific level

I think what you're asking is part of Log4J central design philosophy.
Assuming you're following the standard method of logging (instantiating
a logger for each class with the fully qualified class name as the
logger name) what you want to do is add the following lines to your
log4j properties file...

log4j.logger.opsx.server.dac.base.OpsBaseDAC = DEBUG, A2

log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A2.MaxFileSize=1024KB
log4j.appender.A2.MaxBackupIndex=40
log4j.appender.A2.File=\\sps\\YourLogFileNameForTheseEvents
log4j.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern=* %-5p
%d{MM/dd/yyyy}\t%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS}\t(%x)\t%m\r\n

obviously you can adjust the conversion pattern to suit your tastes and
you could use another type of appender if desired.  You can also set the
logging level as you desire in the first line.