Great, thanks Scott - that's working.

I just also remembered a brief conversation a while ago (unfortunately I've deleted
it) about possibly decorating logging events when they arrive in chainsaw with things
like the receiver name as defined in the configuration of the receiver (I started it
off with a suggestion about adding the receiver name to the application property in
JMSReceiver, since JMSAppender doesn't use this field).

You suggested, I think, making a change to JMSAppender so that it does use this field
(or a different field) to do what we want... the problem with this is that we're using
log4j 1.2.8 in the application, and this won't change until log4j 1.3 is officially
released - we can get away with using log4j 1.3 + chainsaw on local pcs, but not in
the main app. So I either need to continue using the patch I've applied locally (not
ideal, but also not the end of the world), or pursue an alternative that involves a
change to chainsaw that's acceptable to everyone.

Does that make sense? If so, do you have any thoughts?!

Cheers,
Stephen

                      "Scott Deboy"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Log4J Users List" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>

                      stems.com>               cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: chainsaw expressions

                      16/07/2004 14:08

                      Please respond to

                      "Log4J Users

                      List"

Hi Stephen,

The problem is that expressions need spaces around operands, operators and parens (for
now - a fix for this is in progress). Here's a valid version:

! ( msg ~= counterpart )

The 'scroll to bottom' behavior recently changed.  While scrolling to bottom, if you
select any row other than the bottom row, scrolling is turned off.

This change introduced the scroll bug you're seeing (but only when 'refine focus' is
in use).  I'll work on getting this fixed as well.

Hope this helps,
Scott