The way we do this is to write the log files using XMLAppender and then you can load
the files in using file -> load Log4J file.  Works very well.

Cheers,
Stephen

                      Amit Nigam

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'Log4J Users List'" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      chspan.com>               cc:

                                                Subject:  RE: chainsaw for viewing
messages remotely??
                      25/08/2004 09:43

                      Please respond to

                      "Log4J Users List"

Actually, in my case there will be a huge number of log files (that are
offline & no more msges will b appended to them) and i m looking for a
feature that allows me to randomly select any one of these log files and
view it in chainsaw.

Any help available??

amit