From:   OOMS DIRK [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Fri 2/25/2005 6:30 AM
To:     'Log4J Users List'
Subject:        RE: Specify chainsaw config file  in webStart link
After having looked more into it, i believe i need to clarify my earlier
question. I would like to start chainsaw via webStart and each time it is
launched it has to use another 'plugin-config' file. So it is not the
log4j.configuration (which describes the logging of chainsaw itself) that is
changing. In the chainsaw code i noticed that this 'plugin-config' file is
specified as a property named configurationURL in the file
chainsaw.settings.properties.

My requirement would be met if this property could be set as a System
Property in e.g. the .JNLP file (e.g. named
log4j.chainsaw.pluginconfiguration?). This would require only a small change
to the chainsaw code (reading the system property and if it is defined
overwriting the value of configurationURL). Does this make sense?

dirk