> Have you tried "%.80m" or similar?  That should specify a maximum
> message length of 80 characters. If the message is longer it will be
> truncated from the beginning.

Yes I tried but the "truncated from the beginning" forbideen me from
generating an meaningfull message within 160 chars. BTW with a simple
example I saw that the exceptions goes directly on the trace, so I have
to remove the printStackTrace.
On the book, speaking about writing my own layout I see an example with
a trivial MyLayout and a comment on the ignoresThrowable() method.
I think the only viable solution is writing a custom layout.

Bye

--
Davide