From: Jitendra Kharche [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:44 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Customizing pattern

Hi All,

I am using the pattern "Date Priority [Category] Message\n".
I want to modify this pattern to add a key as a prefix to each log statement
e.g. "Key Date Priority [Category] Message\n". I want to use this key to
group log statements. Log statements having same key will be grouped and
indicates the audit record of processing of a event occured in the system.

Is this possible? Can someone help me?
Or there is any other better way of achieving this type of functionality?
Can I configure Chainsaw to group log statements based on this or some other
criteria.

Regards,
Jitendra