This happens on any logging statement, log4J is configured through Log4j.properties, the file loks like this;

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, console , file

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.file.File=txttools-web.log
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p [%t] %d{dd/MMM/yyyy HH:mm:ss,SSS} (%c) - %m%n

log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.console.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p [%t] %d{dd/MMM/yyyy HH:mm:ss,SSS} (%c) - %m%n

and then I set individual packages to WARN, DEBUG etc.....

thanks,

John .

James Stauffer wrote:

Are you reloading any web apps?  How are you configuring log4j?