From:   Andreas Knecht [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Mon 5/16/2005 5:17 PM
To:     Log4J Users List
Subject:        Large log files chainsaw
Hi everyone,

I would like to use chainsaw with some production logs (with the
filepattern receiver).  Only problem is that these logs tend to be
around 200-300 MB in size (around 1.2-1.8 Million lines).  I've tried
increasing the cyclic buffer size to 500000 and chainsaw became more or
less unusable as soon as I started the receiver to parse the log file.

Has anyone here tried to use chainsaw for similar purposes? Any
recommendations? Are there other gui tools to view logs that perform
better than chainsaw for this task?

Regards,
  Andreas

--