Take a look at the "HISTORY" file in the "docs" directory of the 1.2.9 release of Log4j ("HISTORY.txt" in 1.2.11). If you are looking for something like a JDiff report, it is sad but true, Log4j-1.2.8 was never tagged as a release in CVS. However, the source provided with the distribution of 1.2.8 could be compared to that distributed with 1.2.9. All told, it looks like very few changes took place. If you are looking to upgrade, however, I recommend you move to the 1.2.11 release instead of 1.2.9. There's a potentially important issue fixed there.

Jake