Yes you can 'merge' logs in Chainsaw V2.

You need to add a 'plugin' (receiver configuration) in the Chainsaw
config file for each source you want to see in Chainsaw.

Chainsaw is a tab-based app - as events are received, each event is
'routed' to a tab based on the content of the logging event.

The -default- route sends all events sharing common 'hostname' and
'application' properties to a single tab.  As events are received that
don't already have a tab holding events with the hostname/application
properties, a new tab is created and the event is added to the new tab.

You can configure Chainsaw's routing of events by modifying the 'tab
identifier' value in the application-wide preferences window.
The expression used to define the default route is:
PROP.hostname - PROP.application

You can use any of the keywords available to the filtering & colorizing
expression syntax in this field.  See the tutorial for an explanation of
the expression syntax and keywords.

For example, to have individual tabs for each logging level, regardless
of source, you could change this tab identifier to :
LEVEL

That expression will create a DEBUG tab, an INFO tab, etc.

If you want all events from all sources to show up on a single tab, you
could use a word that's not one of the keywords - for example:
EVENTS

You can use this event routing mechanism to cause events from multiple
sources to be routed to a common tab.

You can also use the 'view-create custom expression logpanel' menu
option to create a new 'view' of events, regardless of how the events
were routed.

Say you didn't want to change how events were routing, but you wanted to
see all events with a level of WARN on a single tab, regardless of what
tab they were on.  You could create a custom expression logpanel using
the expression:
LEVEL >= WARN

This expression will create a new tab, populating it initially with all
events that match the expression from existing tabs.  As new events
arrive, the event is 'routed' according to the tab identifier, and it is
also added to any custom expression log panels that evaluate to 'true'
for that event.

If you combine this functionality with some of the new filters available
in log4j 1.3 (propertyFilter, reflectionFilter, etc.), you can 'slice
and dice' events from various sources without a lot of hassle.

Scott