From: Denise Mangano [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 10:57 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: package org.apache.log4j does not exist

See this is where I get confused.  I'm running Red Hat Linux, and the
only 'classpath' I am aware of is in the user's .bash_profile.  This is
what my tomcat's .bash_profile looks like:

# User specific environment and startup programs

LOG4J_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat/logs/logging-log4j-1.2.12
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/java/bin:$LOG4J_HOME/dist/lib/log4j-1.2.
12.jar

export PATH LOG4J_HOME

Also, I didn't unpack the jar file - so I should just have to point to
the jar file itself, correct?

Thanks again.
Denise