Hi,

I've got a tomcat 5.5 server running a bunch of webapps, each one with
its own copy of log4j.jar and log4j.properties. Each one does terse
logs to the tomcat console and a detailed log to a separate log file
for each webapp.

The problem is that, when I reload a context, that context's log4j
configuration seems to take over the log4j configurations of every
webapp, and all the applications start logging with that
configuration, which is no good at all, since the terse logs now all
come formatted with the reloaded context's pattern, and the verbose
logs are lost since the only verbose log file logged to is the
reloaded context's, while the other log files sit untouched, and every
additivity configuration of the other webapps is lost.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance,

--
Javier Gonzalez Nicolini