Jake, I'm not 100% sure if this is relevant, but I could not get the SCP ant task to work (which uses JSch) without using certificate authentication (see the build.xml in the chainsaw tree, in the distribution target, it copies the distribution over scp).

If you set up SSH key authentication between your local host and the remote machine such that no password is required (or only the password for your local key), then it should work great.

This URL may be helpful:

http://www.jfitz.com/tips/ssh_for_windows.html#Automatic_login

(and the rest of the article)

Once you can SSH from your local machine to the remote machine via this mechanism I'm guessing that the SFTP under Chainsaw will also work more smoothly.

Paul