If you added -Dlog4j.debug to the command line log4j will output info
to std. out. telling you how it tries to configure itself.

On 6/29/06, jaikiran pai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Rohit,
  This means that the log4j.properties file that you have created in NOT in the
classpath. Make it available in the classpath.

  regards,
  -Jaikiran

Rohit B Rai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I am trying to use Log4J for logging from Ant but it gives these errors.

(org.apache.tools.ant).

I have created the log4j.properties file. Its contents are

log4j.rootCategory=file

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.TTCCLayout

log4j.appender.file.file=build.log

log4j.appender.file.maxBackupIndex=3

log4j.appender.file.maxFileSize=100KB

I have placed this file along with the build file.

Also I have tried setting log4j.configuration property directly from
command line and also using ANT_OPTS, but it is not working.

Getting log4j logging is crucial for the project I am planning. Please
help and respond ASAP

Regards,

Rohit B. Rai,

Cordys R&D (India) Pvt. Ltd.

------

If you haven't found something you are willing to die for, you are not
fit to live!

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else
is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender
if
you have received this message in error. This email does not constitute any
commitment from Cordys Holding BV or any of its subsidiaries except when
expressly agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and
Cordys Holding BV or its subsidiaries.

Catch all the FIFA World Cup 2006 action on Yahoo! India Click here

--
James Stauffer