On 8/9/06, 吕晓一 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I encountered a problem in my requirement.

Several threads will write different type Value Object to an Object Queue,
and one Log thread will consume these VO in the Queue, and the Log thread is
extended from log4J, it will write the VO's value to different log files
according to the VO's type.

So, what should I do? Could anybody give me a solution?

For each VO, log to a different logger, named after the type of the
VO. For example:

// receive VO
ValueObject vo = getFromQueue();
Logger log = Logger.getLogger(vo.getType());
log.log(whatever you wish to log);

And then, in the log4j configuration file, create an different
appender for each VO Type. Attach those appenders to the loggers named
after the VO Types.

--
Javier González Nicolini