Hello

Our servers have small storage, so I don't want to use FileAppender.
What can I do if the LAN is down and my appender wants to send an email or send a Socket message? The buffer will be deleted if the server will reboot, and additionally I don't know what is the physical limit for buffer size.

Or is there any possibility to say to log4j: "if you can send the messages:send; if not: call the daily rolling appender"? Because in this case I could write an other application, which looks for log files in every reboot, send the content with some kind of network appender, and delete the log files.

Thanks:
        Bence