If you log everything to 1 database, then that would be easy.  The
solution you mention should also work.

On 8/17/06, Takacs Bence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You mean I have to set up a daemon, which checks if a specific
application from a specific remote host hasn't made a log in the last
ten minutes? And I have to search the database or the xml log file for
the specific logs?

It's a little bit complicated, if you have about ten servers, and a
central logging server...

What if I make my own LifeSignAppender, which is not a real logger but
has a Time parameter, and runs Threads which measure time, and if the
Time is up, throw an ERROR level log? However, could an appender throw a
log message?

Thanks:
        Bence

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/