Trace is not working, I am using log4j 1.2
It works only from the main class. For example, if I have a class component, and I do some logging in this class using trace, it's never shown.
Those are the priorities I found:

ALL -2147483648
TRACE 5000
DEBUG 10000
INFO 20000
WARN 30000
ERROR 40000
FATAL 50000

Any Idea??

Mansour wrote:

I went back yesterday to 1.2, after the shared JVM issue.
I didn't test it with trace, yet. I will report again if I find it a problem.
Thanx

Jacob Kjome wrote:

If you are new to Log4j, I would avoid using 1.3alpha. You are welcome to report a bug on 1.3alpha, but you won't get much support for it. Releases have been few and far in between, though it looks like there will be a new one coming up here shortly following the release of Log4j-1.2.14. If you find this issue in 1.2.14, it would cause more concern. Trace is a new level to both 1.3 and the 1.2.xx branch, so it is possible some nuances were missed.

Try setting the level the Level.TRACE. Does Trace logging work after that?

Jake