You can have Chainsaw process events generated in Python...there are two
commonly-used mechanisms:
 - Write an XMLSocketAppender that sends logging events to a socket,
conforming to logging events in log4j's dtd and configure Chainsaw to
use an XMLSocketReceiver

 - Write events to a log file and configure Chainsaw to use a
LogFilePatternReceiver (or VFSLogFilePatternReceiver if accessing log
files available over ssh)

There are other network-based options as well (UDP, multicast), but they
can lose events and require UDP/multicast in your network between the
Chainsaw and appender.

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS