Hello

I made a logserver too, and looking for a solution for merging my configurations and the standard log4j configuration for the logserver. So I'd like to modify the log4j config schema or dtd too. What did you find out about it?

Thanks:
   Bence

Mattias Andersson wrote:
Hi,

I'm using log4j 1.2.14 and I'd like to add my own tags to the log4j XML
configuration file. The reason for this is that we have built a logging
server and to avoid having two configuration files I'd like to add some
new tags to XML file.

I've added the following to my XML file and the parser generates
(correctly) a waring about redefinition of log4j:configuration DTD
element. The parsing of the XML file works fine anyway it's just the
warning I'd like to avoid since users tends to notice warnings and ask
questions. Perhaps this warning can be turned of?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd" [
  <!ELEMENT log4j:configuration (renderer*,
appender*,(category|logger)*,root?,
                                 categoryFactory?, server)>
  <!ELEMENT server EMPTY >
  <!ATTLIST server
    port        CDATA   #REQUIRED >
]>

log4j:WARN Continuable parsing error 12 and column 50
log4j:WARN Element type "log4j:configuration" must not be declared more
than once.

I'm not an expert on DTD but it should be possible to write the log4j.dtd so that you can add your own tags, or? Or have someone extended the XML
file and solved it in another way?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Regards
 /Mattias