Even though DOMConfigurator is depreciated it may still work and it
may be worthwhile to try it to see if your config is ok.

On 1/15/07, Surya Poola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dirk,

  Thanks for your help,but iam sorry to query you once more:

  I already have gone through the document.My question is in log4j 1.2.8 i was
using the following for DailyRollingFileAppender to map to configuration file :
  DOMConfigurator.configure(mLOG4JCONFIGFILE);
where mLOG4JCONFIGFILE was the property where i mentioned the location of xml
file.

  But in 1.3 alpha-8,DOMConfigurator is depracated.

  So iam forced to use joranconfigurator,  by which iam not able to write to
file,ie, file is not created.I am mentioning my program as follows:
  JoranConfigurator jc = new JoranConfigurator();
jc.doConfigure(mLOG4JCONFIGFILE, LogManager.getLoggerRepository());

  So can you let me kow how to configure with joranconfigurator or any other
configurator.

  Thanks in advance

  Regards
  Rohan

Dirk Ooms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Rohan,

have a look at the 'Default Initalization Procedure' at
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html
it explains how log4j will find your config file.

dirk

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/