Hi James

      First of all, thanks for your response. I'm almost certain with
the properties file. But I guess that, I'm missing something in my java
code. As I'm new to this I need a little more info on this.

Do I need to use something like this?

      Category.getInstance("NEWFILE") and
Category.getInstance("NEWCONSOLE")

Or Logger.getLogger("NEWFILE") and Logger.getLogger("NEWCONSOLE")

Please help me out with sample java code to access the new categories I
define in log4j.properties.

Thanks Again.

Thanks & Regards

Padmanaban