Are you calling jc.doConfigure multiple times?  It should only be
called once during the program run.

On 2/27/07, Surya Poola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

  When Iam using joran configurator in log4j1.3 alpha 8 version, log is written
in folds into log file.ie, first call of execution of my program writes the
text once, for second call it writes twice and the logging is growing
exponentially for subsequent calls.

  my code looks like:
  JoranConfigurator jc = new JoranConfigurator();
jc.doConfigure("C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\webapps\log4j.xml",LogManager.getLoggerRepository())
  logger.info("test log" );

  I tried using the deprecated DOMConfigurator also, but this also behaves the
same ,because DOMConfigurator is extended from JoranConfigurator.

  But when i keep the log4j.xml file in classes folder of web application and
not specifying any configurator then the logging is happening perfectly.So i
hope the problem is using JoranConfigurator.

--
James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/