From: Sergiu Bivol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: February 23, 2007 3:20 PM
To: 'Log4J Users List'
Subject: RE: Root logger appenders in log4j 1.3

Hi,

Yes, perhaps there are reasons to change it, but then help me understand how
to configure log4j in the following scenario.

We provide a log4.xml within our app's jar so that our application logs
messages during startup (say to file1 and console). We also let the users
specify a separate (external to our jars) log4j xml file to configure how
the app should log messages after the startup phase (say file2 and console).

With 1.2, this could be done by attaching the corresponding 2 appenders to
the <root> element in each of the config files. How would I achieve the same
behavior in 1.3? At this point, both file1 and file2 are growing, and every
message is showing twice on the console.

Thank you
Sergiu