Hi,

My goal is to get separate logging for each application deployed on the same
weblogic instance using Log4j loaded once during startup.

I tried couple of test web applications using Log4j.xml file and seems to be
working. To test the same with my current application, I copied log4j.xml,
very basic minimal configuration. During the weblogic startup, I Am getting
the error -
Log4j.dtd is not found, I tried copying this Log4j.dtd file into WEB-INF
folder same location as Log4j.xml file and WEB-INF/lib folder.

How do I resolve this?

Also, I tried without SYSTEM entry. weblogic startsup without errors. Is it
OK to remove this entry? Assuming xml is correct! In a java class file, I
have both static methods and instance methods. I changed the Logger
declaration to be non-static,
private Logger log = Logger.getLogger(LoginFilter.class);
and with in the static methods to    Log log = LogFactory.getLog("pcs");
pcs is the log file name. In this case only Logging from static methods is
taking place. Logging from instance methods is not occuring! LogFactory does
not exist in Log4j.jar. Is there another way to log in static methods
without using LogFactory?

Any info in seeing my errors would be helpful
thanks,
Sohan