My DateFormatFileAppender always includes the data pattern in the filename.
http://stauffer.james.googlepages.com/DateFormatFileAppender.java

On 4/20/07, Hjelmstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a way that I can add a timestamp to the file name that is not just a
rolling appender?
I may start up and stop my software 10 or more times during the course of a
day and between those I have to remane the log file created manually.
Does any one know of a way to automatically add a timestamp to the file name
at the start of the software initialization?

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/